Home » Resume & Cover letter

CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication license.

Resume & Cover letter

Staten Island New York, NY

(917)-495-3981

rommyskaff@gmail.com

Summary

Creative and responsible first-year Computer Engineering student at CCNY, also majoring in Jewish studies, enthusiastic for learning, outstanding with feedback, with leadership experience, seeking to intern at T. Rowe Price. Bilingual in English and Hebrew. Proficiency in C++ coding.

Education 

2022- current

The City College of New York.

New York, NY

Majoring in Computer Engineering, and Jewish Studies.

Current classes: Wirtting for engineering, Chemistry, Calculus, Psychology of Religion.

Curent GPA: 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale)

2021-2022

2115 Benson Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11214

Elite Academy of Science & Technology

2017-2022

Shefayim, Isreal

Hof Hasharon High school

Experience 

2019-2021

Shefayim, Isreal

Make A Wish Foundation- Representative 

I was a representative at my school along with two others, we were in charge of organizing fundraisers to raise money for the foundation. I would seek out vendors as well as volunteers. I was responsible for over 50 volunteers, ensuring they knew their jobs and perform them well. We raised over a thousand dollars net each fundraiser, two a year. 

2018-2020

Rabbi Tarfon St, Netanya, Israel

Beit Elazraki- Volunteer 

I planned biweekly activities for 45 of my kids, and this taught me responsibility, time management, leadership, and managing a group. 

Skills & Qualities 

Responsible, team player, good at time management, eager to learn, and good with feedback.

Cover Letter

Staten Island New York, NY

February 12, 2023

233 Park Avenue, South

2nd Floor

New York, NY 10003

United States

Dear, T. Rowe Price Director of Personnel

I am applying for the 2023 Technology Software Engineering Internship – in New York, that was posted on ZipRecruiter. I would love for you to consider me for this position, I believe I would be a good fit since I love learning new stuff, and I am also open to feedback, to advance in my education. I am responsible, and creative as well as a team player. I desire to improve my technical skills, and I believe that with the help of your company’s mentorship, I would be able to accomplish that.

Currently, I am a student at CCNY, where I am majoring in Computer Engineering as well as Jewish Studies. I have chosen to be a double major to fulfill my love for learning. Being a double major has thought me how to better manage my time, as well as given me many responsibilities that teach me every day. Despite the huge workload, I have been able to maintain a 3.5 GPA. As I work on a paper and submit draft after draft, I see my improvement in each one. I hope I can learn to improve myself as an intern in your company as well.

My experience as a Make-A-Wish Foundation representative has thought me many life lessons. As I would work to seek out vendors for fundraisers, I learned the importance of patience and how to learn from my past experiences. Being responsible for so much has thought me that I have to be able to accept help from others, and learn from my mentors. I would lead our volunteers and make sure they do their rules properly. Seeing at the end how my and my team’s hard work, paid off and we were able to raise over 1,000$ for the kids.

As you can see above, I believe I would be a valuable team member. The attached resume provides an overview of my education and experiences. I would love to meet with you for an interview to discuss my qualifications for this position. Please email me at any time at: rommyskaff@gmail.com or call my cell at: (917)-495-3981. Thank you, I look forward to meeting with you

Yours truly,  

Rommy Skaff